Our client is a global pharmaceutical firm with Offices all over the world, offering great quality of work and highly competitive salary.
The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing the transition of tax and reporting systems to a shared service centre and will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the integration of tax and other statutory reporting functions from local markets to a shared service centre in the UK. These include Statutory Reporting, Direct and Indirect Tax, Transfer Pricing and other areas deemed necessary.
- Ensure project targets for integration and migration of systems are managed effectively and on schedule
- Manage year end reporting activities including preparation and reviewing of all necessary reporting
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and annual requirements including statutory reporting, corporate tax, direct and indirect tax, transfer pricing and others as deemed necessary
- Manage corporate tax compliance processes related to specific European markets with a particular focus on Austria and Switzerland
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders including resolving any issues arising from independent audits
- Provide statistical analysis and forecasting of profitability of tax payments
- Prepare any necessary tax filings as necessary including withholding tax and other indirect taxes were required
- Trend analysis
- Undertake review of historical profitability to ensure compliance with tax and reporting policies with other departments of the tax team
- Proactively monitor tax risks
- Coordinate tax and other tax related audits in partnership with other departments where necessary
What are we looking for?
- Professional qualifications including CTA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA or overseas equivalent
- Professional experience in Germany, Switzerland or Austria
- Professional experience in a Big 4 tax consultancy or audit firm or large international firm
- Financial modelling and systems experience including SAP and Excel are an advantage
- The successful applicant for this role will need to demonstrate the following
- Fluent in German
- French or Italian fluency is an advantage
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment that spans borders
- Willingness to travel abroad for an extended period of time