This is a unique opportunity in Bermuda if you are Part or Nearly Qualified Actuary with a total of around 2 to 4 years’ experience in Capital Modelling or Reserving, in a large Reinsurance group, or a Lloyd's Syndicate. Prior experience in Advisory is an advantage. You will join a small but highly professional team of Actuaries in Bermuda, developing a unique career in advisory, and having exposure to a large range of actuarial projects. You should show ambition and capacity to apply yourself to different areas.
Our client’s Insurance and Actuarial Advisory Services practice in Bermuda is composed of two areas: Life/Health Insurance and Property/Casualty products and services.
Join this team and you will provide clients with traditional actuarial services (e.g., reserving, pricing and mergers and acquisition support), as well as leading edge services such as financial reporting and measurement, financial risk management, modeling, hedging, reinsurance, securitization, economic capital and solvency.
Through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching you will experience ongoing professional development. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting?
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for an actuarial Consultant or Senior Consultant. You will be mainly involved in:
Loss reserving analysis all lines of business.
Insurable risk management, self-insurance advisory services (across all industries).
Predictive Modeling and customer analytics, P&C Actuarial modeling.
Rate setting all lines of business, Financial forecasting, valuation., Product development, Mergers& acquisitions.
- Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services.
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Stay abreast of current business, regulatory and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
- Demonstrate in-depth technical actuarial capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
- Commit to developing a strong personal brand by staying informed regarding economic/market developments and their impact on the firm's clients. Continually progress towards attaining professional credentials from the Society of Actuaries and/or other industry organizations.
To qualify for this job opportunity, Applicants must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, and/or other related major.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience in an actuarial-oriented position; experience within a professional services and/or public accounting firm preferred.
- Actively pursuing Fellowship within the UK Institute of Actuaries Actuarial or pursuing other internationally recognized actuarial designations will also be considered.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and actuarial-related software.
- Strong writing, presentation, conceptual, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Dedication to teamwork and leadership.
- Ability and willingness to travel.